1. Spirulina – occurs naturally in lakes and contains around 60% complete protein and all essential amino acids. It is one of the highest known protein content foods in the world.
2. Hemp – hemp protein contains all 21 known amino acids, including 9 essential ones that our bodies cannot produce.
3. Chia Seeds – these seeds come from a flowering plant in the mint family and contain 4 grams of protein per ounce.
4. Quinoa – this grain-like plant contains 14% complete protein by mass.
5. Tempeh – a fermented soy product that has 15 grams of protein in one half cup.
6. Almonds – about 20% of a raw almond is high quality protein.
7. Leafy Greens – foods such as spinach and kale contain 5-7 grams of protein per cup.
8. Lentils & Beans – one cup of beans or lentils contains 15-18 grams of protein.
9. Greek Yogurt – has twice the protein and half the sugar of regular yogurt; there are 15-20 grams of protein in a 6 oz serving!
10. Eggs – the protein in eggs has the highest biological value of any known food; one egg has about 6 grams of protein.